Latin for 40K

Posted by Unknown | Posted in

So I decided to write some latin on my vehicles (especially my big land raiders) and decided to look up some good scripture in the Vulgata. For my purposes I needed to create 1 new word (Telum = Bolt/Arrow/Projectile, -ium/-ia = suffix denoting an act, office, condition or character ... thus Telumium/Telumia a thing that bolts, one who bolts, aka "a bolter"). I also jammed Imperator in a couple of places and probably didn't conjugate it correctly... luckily for me High Gothic is NOT exactly latin so I can fudge a bit. I am not a long student of Latin (only a beginner actually) so if you see any glaring grammatical errors with what I've done please let me know. Also note that unless it references Imperator, Lorica, Telumium/ia... it's directly from the Catholic Latin Vulgata.

Please note these are for Imperial Fists... so there are several that reference pain and suffering in amongst the "kick butt and take names" ones.

Psalm 23:4 (modified)



Sed, et si ambulavero in valle mortis, non timebo malum: quoniam tu
mecum; es lorica tua et telumium tuus ipsa consolabuntur me.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will
fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy armor and thy bolter they
comfort me.


Joshua 10:19 (modified)



Vos autem nolite stare, sed persequimini hostes et extremos quosque
fugientium caedite ne dimittatis eos urbium suarum intrare praesidia:
quos tradidit Imperator in manus vestras.

And stay ye not, but pursue after your enemies, and smite the hindmost
of them; suffer them not to enter into their cities: for the Emperor
hath delivered them into your hand.


Jeremiah 30:23 (modified)



Ecce, turbo Imperator furor egrediens, procella ruens: in capite
impiorum conquiescet.

Behold, the wind of the Emperor goeth forth with fury, a continuing
tempest: it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked.


Numbers 35:19



Propinquus occisi homicidam interficiet statim; ut adprehenderit, eum percutiet.

He that is 'The Revenger of Blood' shall slay the murderer himself; when he meeteth him, he shall slay him.


Psalm 79:10



Quare dicunt gentes ubi est, Deus eorum? Nota fiat in gentibus ante
oculos nostros ultio sanguinis servorum tuorum qui effusus est.

Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is God? Let him be known among
the heathen in our sight by the revenging of the blood of thy servants
which is shed.


Deuteronomy 32:42 (modified)



Inebriabo telumia meas sanguine, et gladius meus devorabit carnes de
cruore occisorum et de captivitate nudati inimicorum capitis.

I will make my bolters drunk with blood, my sword shall devour the
flesh of bloody murderers and the bare heads of my enemies.


Psalm 25:18



Vide adflictionem meam et laborem meum; et porta omnia peccata mea.

Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.


Jeremiah 15:18



Quare factus est dolor meus perpetuus, et plaga mea desperabilis,
rennuit curari facta est?

Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which refuseth to be healed?


Job 14:22



Attamen caro eius dum vivet dolebit, et anima illius super semet ipso lugebit.

But his flesh upon him shall have pain, and his soul within him shall mourn.


Job 5:6



Nihil in terra sine causa fit, et de humo non orietur dolor.

Although affliction cometh not forth of the dust, neither doth pain
spring out of the ground.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment