The Old Guard

Posted by Unknown | Posted in , ,

I've finished retouching my original Imperial Fists HQ choice. Old hands at 40k may recognize the captain as the limited edition one that came with the 3rd edition box sets.

I originally painted them ... sheesh ... 2 editions ago (has it really been 10 years!??!). They used to be in gold armor, I touched them up to make it yellow like the rest of the chapter... except for the Champion. The armor of the Company Champion is still gold. However, I added an Empire plastic shield to my original Emperor's Champion to WYSIWYG the Combat Shield. It's only hot-glued on since eventually I will probably use this fig as my Chapter Champion (with Relic Blade) and do up another fig as the Company Champion.

My 3rd Company Captain is Morgan Wolfe, originally from the sub-isle of Hibernia of the Albia region on Holy Terra. He was elevated to that post following the ascension of Captain Lysander to the 1st Company.

The banners were printed on a color laser printer. I did the art in a vector graphics program (I think it was Adobe Illustrator back then, these days I use Inkscape).



The new edition gives the Command Squad another couple of Veteran marines. Here I was presented with a minor fluff conundrum (mainly because I worry about TO&E structures far too much for my own good). I'll work it out at some point later.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment